Design of sustainable tourism systems - Progettazione dei sistemi turistici
The Master Program aims to provide a thorough understanding, at the university master level, of the modern techniques of organization and management of tourism activities.
The graduates will possess the basic competence in the fields of human and social sciences, a good command of information technology and of statistical techniques indispensable for a correct interpretation of tourism trends and of taste changes of the tourist population. The Master program also provides legislative, historical and geographical knowledge useful for enhancing the values of the resources and of the cultural heritage of a territory.
The Program deals with topics related with the sustainable management of natural, cultural and historical resources. The remarkable growth of tourism requires considerable planning activities by both the public and private sectors in order to maximise economic returns while containing the potential negative impacts on the environment.
Download the MSc Regolamento valid from 2015-16 (pdf)
The Master Degree in Design of Sustainable Tourism Systems provides interdisciplinary competencies that involve:
- measuring and monitoring the results and impacts of tourism (Economic statistics for tourism, Statistical information systems for tourism);
- managing and developing activities related
- with the natural and economic local resources (i.e. Economics and management of enterprises of farm holidays, Agricultural and food market economy, Environment and landscape geography; Environment and development);
- with cultural resources and with the skills and competencies in tourism (i.e. Tourism business organizations, human resources and events management, Culture economics and management);
- new tendencies and technology for environmental issues (New technology and environment chemistry).
During the course, students will acquire the necessary tools to write their Master thesis. They can also participate in an exchange programme of study and / or have an internship. The degree program provides seminars by experts and professionals.Moreover, the School of economics and management is currently engaged in providing knowledge and competencies useful to promote sustainable economic development. In particular, this School is an academic representative of NECSTouR (the Network of European Region for a Sustainable and Competitive Tourism) which involves 28 Tourism Regional Authorities (among these, the Tuscany Region) and representatives of the academic and business sectors.
In order to enroll, you must submit the application for assessment to the Student Academic Office, Polo di Novoli, via delle Pandette, email@example.com using the application for assessment form
If you are a non-EU citizen residing abroad, for the academic year 2017/2018 you will have to:
- pre-enroll at the Italian embassy/consulate in your country in the period May-June 2017, according to the timeline set by our Ministry of University;
- apply for the assessment, according to the procedure described in this file (PDF)
A reference letter from a university professor is also required for non-Italian students.
Download the study plan - students enrolled in 2016 (pdf)
Download the study plan - students enrolled in 2017 (pdf)
Polo di Novoli, Buildings D4, D5, D6, D15
Director of the master degree program
Francesca Dardi c/o Scuola di Economia e Management
tel. 055 2759022 | segreteria.est-firenzeeconomia.unifi.it
Hours: Monday 11.00 - 12.30; Friday 9.00 - 10.30
International Student office:
Piazza Ugo di Toscana 5 - Edificio D15 secondo piano
Ph: +39 055 2756748/747/749 - Fax +39 0552756.337
internationaldeskunifi.it | didatticapec.unifi.it
Hours: from Monday to Friday 9.00 - 13.00