Frequently Asked Questions


Italy’s public sanitary system is called Servizio Sanitario Nazionale (SSN), distributed through the territory in Aziende Unità Sanitarie Locali (AUSL). In order to receive the cures that you might need you have to bring your European Health Insurance (EHIC).

 Registration to the SSN

Those who are registered to SSN have the same rights and duties of Italian citizens including the co-payment of fees for the services provided (ticket). The contribution varies according to the financial situation of the applicant. In some cases (e.g. students) applicants pay a flat fee.

For more information please refer to the local health offices in your area of residency and visit (in Italian only) or

Ufficio Stranieri - ASL 10 in Via Gramsci, 561, Sesto Fiorentino, ph: +39 6930111, email: (Monday to Friday from 9 am - 2 pm)


The main hospital is AOU Careggi, situated in Largo Brambilla, 3 - Firenze

There is a desk dedicated to foreign citizens:

Foreigners’ Hospitalisation Office  / Ufficio Spedalità Stranieri

Pavilion 2 NIC (Main Entrance)

ph: +39 055 794 9888 / 055 794 7057

Monday to Saturday  7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.


For more information visit:


The national unique emergency number to dial to have immediate rescue is 118



The tax code (Codice Fiscale) is a fiscal identification code, comprised of letters and numbers, that identifies citizens when dealing with Italian public Authorities and other Administrations. It is required in Italy for all sorts of procedures (e.g. applying for a resident permit, opening a bank account, applying for the National Health Service card, renting a flat, applying for a fixed telephone line, buying a mobile phone's SIM card, etc.).

The request may be submitted personally to any local tax office branch of the Italian Revenue Agency  (Agenzia delle Entrate). 

Direzione Provinciale di FIRENZE
Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandria, 23
50129 - FIRENZE
Telefono: 055-4787111

The tax code is issued immediately and free of charge. It is necessary to complete the AA4/8 form

 EU/EEA citizens must bring a valid passport or another form of ID; non EU/EEA citizens must bring the passport with a valid visa (if requested) and a copy of it (clearly showing personal data and visa) and/or the residence permit.


Alternatively, it is possible to apply for the tax code to the  Italian consular authorities in the country of residence.

For further information, please visit the Agenzia delle Entrate website.



If you wished to practice some sports, our institution offers the possibility to register at the CUS (Centro Universitario Sportivo) that allows students to attend a wide variety of courses.

Opening hours: Tuesdays and Fridays 09.00 am - 12.30 pm, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 3.00 pm – 7.00 pm
For more information visit: 

Our institution offers even other activities, such as being part of the University Choir or the University Orchestra, or alternatively the University’s Acting Company.

For further information regarding those activities, you can check the webpage at the following link:





Ultimo aggiornamento



I cookie di questo sito servono al suo corretto funzionamento e non raccolgono alcuna tua informazione personale. Se navighi su di esso accetti la loro presenza.  Maggiori informazioni