Frequently Asked Questions
- WHAT TO DO IN CASE YOU NEED A DOCTOR
Italy’s public sanitary system is called Servizio Sanitario Nazionale (SSN), distributed through the territory in Aziende Unità Sanitarie Locali (AUSL). In order to receive the cures that you might need you have to bring your European Health Insurance (EHIC).
Registration to the SSN (Servizio Sanitario Regionale - National Health Service)
Those who are registered to SSN have the same rights and duties of Italian citizens including the co-payment of fees for the services provided (ticket). The contribution varies according to the financial situation of the applicant. In some cases (e.g. students) applicants pay a flat fee.
How to register as a student
- Holders of E106 / S1 forms, can register to the Servizio Sanitario Regionale (SSR). The duration of the registration is equal to the duration of validity of the form and takes place with the choice of the GP (Medico di base) but without issuing the TEAM. In this way they get access to basic services. To enroll with ASL Toscana Centro they must contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Without E106 / S1 forms the registration is subject to the lump sum fee of € 149.77 per year. Registration is based on a calendar year (e.g. from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021) and it is not possible to pay reduced quotas for shorter periods.
You have to go to a Post Office, ask for a blank payment slip (bollettino) and fill in paying attention to the following points:
- the beneficiary (intestatario): Regione Toscana;
- bank account number (conto corrente n°): 289504
- you must indicate the reference (causale): "Contributo iscrizione volontaria al servizio sanitario regionale anno 2021";
pay the annual lump sum fee of € 149,77 for each year of registration with the SSN at the Post Office and keep the payment receipts.
After the payment send an email to email@example.com and attach the following documents:
- copy of your identity card or passport;
- Codice fiscale;
- proof of payment
- Copy of libretto or enrolment form
Then you can select a doctor for the assistance.
For more information please refer to the local health offices in your area of residency and visit www.asf.toscana.it (in Italian only) or:
Ufficio Stranieri - ASL 10 in Via Gramsci, 561, Sesto Fiorentino, ph: +39 6930111, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Monday to Friday from 9 am - 2 pm)
The main hospital is AOU Careggi, situated in Largo Brambilla, 3 - Firenze
There is a desk dedicated to foreign citizens:
Pavilion 2 NIC (Main Entrance)
ph: +39 055 794 9888 / 055 794 7057
Monday to Saturday 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
For more information visit: https://www.unifi.it/cmpro-v-p-10834.html
The national unique emergency number to dial to have immediate rescue is 118
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES: front office and services
The University of Florence has been active for many years to offer students with disabilities equal opportunities in their right to education, by implementing specific actions to remove obstacles limiting their integration in the University world.
For more information, please visit this link:
- HOW TO GET THE TAX CODE (CODICE FISCALE)
The tax code (Codice Fiscale) is a fiscal identification code, comprised of letters and numbers, that identifies citizens when dealing with Italian public Authorities and other Administrations. It is required in Italy for all sorts of procedures (e.g. applying for a resident permit, opening a bank account, applying for the National Health Service card, renting a flat, applying for a fixed telephone line, buying a mobile phone's SIM card, etc.).
The request may be submitted personally to any local tax office branch of the Italian Revenue Agency (Agenzia delle Entrate).
Direzione Provinciale di FIRENZE
Via Santa Caterina d'Alessandria, 23
50129 - FIRENZE
The tax code is issued immediately and free of charge. It is necessary to complete the AA4/8 form
EU/EEA citizens must bring a valid passport or another form of ID; non EU/EEA citizens must bring the passport with a valid visa (if requested) and a copy of it (clearly showing personal data and visa) and/or the residence permit.
Alternatively, it is possible to apply for the tax code to the Italian consular authorities in the country of residence.
For further information, please visit the Agenzia delle Entrate website.
- LEISURE ACTIVITIES
If you wished to practice some sports, our institution offers the possibility to register at the CUS (Centro Universitario Sportivo) that allows students to attend a wide variety of courses.
Opening hours: Tuesdays and Fridays 09.00 am - 12.30 pm, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 3.00 pm – 7.00 pm
For more information visit: www.cus.firenze.it
Our institution offers even other activities, such as being part of the University Choir or the University Orchestra, or alternatively the University’s Acting Company.
For further information regarding those activities, you can check the webpage at the following link: https://www.unifi.it/cmpro-l-s-48.html